Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Biking the GAP

It was a perfect weather day here in SW PA today and the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP) was calling me for our normal 20 mile ride from Ohiopyle to Confluence and back. It was a good day for sights. Somewhere in the photo below is a doe with two fawns.



This is 6 Mile Island, so named by me because it is 6 miles from the starting point. Not very creative but a good progress marker.
This little stream valley is one of my favorites along the trail. There is always a blast of cool air coming down the hill -- very refreshing!



There were several fly fisherman in the river today.


The big picture -- Confluence, PA.



This snake caught my attention as I rode by. I stopped and went back in the hope that it was a rattlesnake, which I had never seen in the wild. It wasn't. Appears to be a Black snake.

Nikki came with me and read her book club book while waiting. Had a good lunch together at the Ohiopyle House Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment